2015-09-23

Help Me Replace My STOLEN Equipment -- thanks

http://tcsidewalks.blogspot.com/2013/05/donate-to-this-sidewalk-blogger.htmlHi there. I'm dumb.

For some naive reason, while getting a coney dog last night, I left my pannier on my bike outside in the West 7th Street neighborhood. It had my computer cords, keyboard, phone charger, a mouse, a bike tool, and (most tragically) my podcast microphone with a SIM card full of interviews.

(Two interviews that I hadn't backed up: one with Ward 7 City Council candidate Jane Prince about the East Side of Saint Paul, and the other with Institute for Local Self-Reliance researcher Olivia LaVeccia about "dark stores" and how big box retail evades local government taxes.)

http://streets.mn/category/podcast/I'm asking for your help to replace my equipment. I've been doing a podcast for streets.mn for a few years now, and have produced, taped, and edited almost 90 episodes.

These are conversations that range from rarely covered local politicians to advocates to entrepreneurs to public artists to local authors to urban nerd bloggers to academics describing their research. One of my favorite things about these chats is that we discuss important topics that almost never see the light of day.

Anyway, I've done this pro bono, and now that I have to replace my equipment, I'd like to ask for your help.

If you can spare a few dollars to help me get the podcast and my technology up and running again, I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to raise enough to get some new and better equipment.

You can donate via Paypal here: [regular link]


Thanks! I'd like to get the podcast up and running ASAP. I have a few ideas for future guests, and time's a wasting. I really appreciate your help.

-Bill


PS. Anyone chipping in will get a handmade artisanal thank you postcard, naturally.

[Kinda where it happened. Best Coney deal in town.]

1 comment:

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.