2011-01-24

Big Saint Paul Bike Boulevard Meeting Tonight

This is important. We need to show up there! (I'm going...)

Jefferson Bike Blvd. Test Median - Important Meeting

7:00 pm

Greetings Saint Paul Bicyclists,

If you are going to attend one meeting all year, please make it this one. On Monday, January 24 at 7 p.m. at the Edgcumbe Recreation Center, 320 S. Griggs, the Saint Paul Public Works Department and the Macalester-Groveland Community Council will share the results of the test median on the Jefferson Bike Boulevard. It is incredibly important that bicyclists show up to support this project, not only for the sake of the test median, but to show support for the bike boulevard concept. As many of you are aware, this has been a hotly debated project and we need your support.

For more information on the project, visit our website atwww.saintpaulbicyclecoalition.org or contact me or Andy.

Warm regards,

Dana DeMaster

Co-chair, Saint Paul Bicycle Coalition


3 comments:

KM said...

After attending a number of meetings for the proposed bike boulevard on Ford Parkway and being very vocal in my support of the concept, I need to sit this one out. The number of insulting phone calls I received just is not worth the effort.

That said, I totally support the idea and when I ride either Jefferson or Ford Parkway, I take the lane. So far, people seem to accept the fact that they have to slow down behind me.

Bill Lindeke said...

too bad! tonight the TC cycling community will have your back

Alex said...

How'd it go?