2013-06-28

*** Sidewalk Weekend! ***

Sidewalk Rating: Deep

Madonna suggested a first meeting with Richard Corman at her apartment in Alphabet City on New York’s Lower East Side. As recalls that day, “I had to call her from a phone booth across the street “because the neighborhood was full of drug dealers, and they didn’t let people just walk in and out. There was a group of kids outside the building, on the stoop, in the hallways, and when I said I was there for Madonna the seas parted.

“I looked up the staircase, and I saw this girl leaning over the edge of the banister, and even from three stories below I could see these catlike eyes just looking down. I knew at that moment that she had something special -- I really did. She had her best friend and neighbor, Martin, with her -- he later died of AIDS—and we sat and talked. She served me a cup of coffee on a silver tray with three pieces of Bazooka bubblegum.”

[An inaccurat sign on Saint Paul's East Side.]


*** CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LINKS ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

*** ***



*** ***

*** ***



*** ***

*** ***

*** ***

13 ways

*** ***

*** ***

*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

dinkytown

*** ***

*** ***

*** ***

*** ***

dutch

*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***

*** ***

*** ***



*** ***


No comments: