2013-05-10

*** Sidewalk Weekend! ***

Sidewalk Rating: Beatific

Walking home as dusk fell, I passed the little building on 6th Avenue that houses the Ansonia Pharmacy. I could see into the apartment upstairs, in its amber lamplight. I could see the bookcases full of books haphazardly piled, pictures on the walls and plants in the old-fashioned paned windows, and I felt a pang.  How strange it is living in a time of such rapid and relentless change. I stood in the dusk, looking across 6th Avenue at those windows and said, “Oh, New York, in this moment, you look just the same as ever.” It was the first time in all the years I’ve lived in it that I actually spoke to the city.




[A one block long bike lane in Saint Paul's West Side.]



***CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LINKS  ***



*** ***



*** ***


*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***




*** ***

 

*** ***





*** ***




*** ***





*** ***





*** ***


*** ***


*** ***

*** ***

 



*** ***

 

*** ***





*** ***




*** ***

 

*** ***



*** ***





*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***



*** ***


*** ***

 

*** ***




*** ***



No comments: