2012-01-12

More Ideas for Art Shantys that Rhyme

[The Medicine Lake Art Shantys, an almost annual celebration of shantily-clad creation.]

Dart Shanty – A shanty where people enter and can play darts. Alternatively, a shanty shaped like a dartboard, with another mobile sort of dart-type art object on ice runners which guests can project toward the shanty’s bullseye.

Start Shanty – A space where guests can attempt to build their own shanty out of anything they happen to have on their person. Nobody finishes.

Smart Shanty – A shanty that capitalizes on mobile communications technology to create an emergent adaptive shanty network, uses self-organization and crowd sourcing to create its own art, achieves sentience, and takes over the world (lake) a la Wintermute.

Pull-Apart Shanty – A shanty made from many, many small parts. Each guest takes part of the shanty home with them until the shanty disappears.

Blart Shanty – This makes no sense. “Blart” is not a word.

Quisinart Shanty – A shanty that chops raw food materials into tiny bits when inserted into the doorway. Made from shiny chrome.

K-Mart Shanty – A shanty that somehow demolishes the Lake Street K-Mart.

Fart Shanty – Self explanatory.


[Fart Shanty prototype, on right.]

3 comments:

Rachel Henderson said...

This is ridiculous. I'm laughing out loud about it. Especially "blart shanty."

Bill Lindeke said...

i guess our senses of humor are compatible then.

grace said...

I’m recommending Dr Godday to everyone who have herpes virus to get the cure from him. I was diagnose of genital herpes in 2015 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the disease because i did not believe what the doctors say that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Godday herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr email and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through courier and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE. I waited another month and retested the result was still NEGATIVE and my doctor told me that am completely free from herpes. Am so happy and grateful to Dr Godday for what he has done for me and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. You can contact Dr Godday on email and WhatsApp to get the cure from him. Email:goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/What’s-app +1{919}4956404.