2022-02-01

Part II of the "St. Paul History" Book Talk at the Ramsey County Historical Society

Here's the second half of my blab on St. Paul history for you. I went over some under examined stories about what makes St. Paul the way it is, focusing on groups often excluded from the narrative. The Underground Railroad, the pilgrims of the Northerner, the origins of Mexican-American St. Paul, racist housing policy, Hmong immigration, and more.

People seemed to like it, and maybe you will too!

Thanks to Ramsey County Historical Society and the East Side Freedom Library for hosting it.

[Youtube link.]

Part I is here if you missed it! Also, buy my book -- I'll sign it for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Read your article on the drive through coffee shop. You were spot on about the whole thing. I support "strong towns". Hope to see more of it and you. Thanks. Jerry Cleveland (ruralcarrier@hotmail.com)