2021-03-10

Some Urban Ambient Youtube Landscapes

The pandemic has really eviscerated my urban lifestyle and I miss the sounds of the city.  I also miss the last trip I took before the pandemic, to many different cities in Japan. Instead of tooling about the city, enjoying the sounds of people, I've been holed in my house.

Luckily, I happened across some ambient cityscapes on Youtube and have been playing them in the background of my day through the long COVID winter. 

I'm still looking for a good ambient background that captures the feeling of multiple trains traveling through it constantly, like the scene out of my hotel room in Kyoto (pictured above). I haven't found one! 

But here are some of my favorites, if you'd like to pretend you're in a city for a little while.


Cool cyberpunk market street in the rain with sounds of conversation, sirens, dogs


Cool cyberpunk apartment with city street sounds in the background


Cool unintelligible cafe sounds with crickets


Cool sounds of a lots of people chatting in a public square with traffic noise


Cool NYC street sounds from a high-rise apartment window (actual recording)

 


Cool old city sounds clopping horses, footsteps, fire, crows, and clock tower bells 


Cool sounds of the sea, seagulls, vague voices, wood ships, and bouy bells


No comments: