2018-09-19

Join me for a Book Talk in Roseville next Thursday 9/27

I'm excited to announce my first book talk, a reading of my new book Minneapolis-Saint Paul: Then and Now,  part of the "History Revealed" series in partnership with the Ramsey County Historical Society.

It'll take place at one of my favorite places in Roseville (well, it's in the top 20 anyway), the Roseville Library! In case you're wondering, they do have a coffee drive-thru.

While Roseville is not in the book, that's OK because I'll be sharing a bunch of photos that did NOT make the cut, and one of those might be of Roseville.

I'll also be taking about my favorite photos that are in the book, about putting it together, what I learned about looking at old photographs, and what I think are the most interesting and revealing of the images in my new book (now available in bulk at Costco). I do have a lot to say on this topic!

I'll also be on hand to sell and sign copies of the book to anyone who wants, so come on down to the Roseville Library next Thursday and hear me blab about local history. I'm super excited about it.

Here's the blurb:
Join RCHS for History Revealed, our program series featuring presentations and tours from the best of local historians, authors and archaeologists, with a wide range of topics drawn from the heritage and traditions of Ramsey County. 
Locked together in an affectionate sibling rivalry, Minneapolis and its twin city St. Paul are constantly growing and changing. Geographer & author Bill Lindeke will discuss how the Twin Cities have developed from simple trading posts on the banks of the Mississippi in “the land of 10,000 lakes,” and will show photos from his new coffee table book, “Minneapolis-St. Paul: Then and Now” (Pavilion Press) 
Bill will highlight the most interesting places in Saint Paul and the Twin Cities that show the most change from the 19th century to current times with historic and current photographs and offer in-depth descriptions of the sites. The “then” photos are historic images which range from the 1870s to the 1950s. The “now” photos were taken in the summer of 2017 by Karl Mondon of San Francisco, California. Bill will also show sites that “didn’t make the cut” into the book 
“Minneapolis-St. Paul Then and Now” has historic and current photos with historical narrative captions for over one hundred historic sites in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, South Saint Paul, Edina, and the Fort Snelling Unorganized Territory.
Hope to see you there!

No comments: