2014-10-13

9th Bloggaversary Post

[Happy Nineaversary!]
This last Friday was marks 9 years of blogging here at the Twin City Sidewalks blogger blogsite. This last year has also marked the proliferation of my so-called sidewalks writing into other more respectable and lucrative venues, such as my new Cityscape column over at Minnpost. (Check out all of them here.)

(For a real mindf**k and to track one man's evolution of idealism, check out the previous years' bloggaversary posts: 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th... Yikes!)

One of the strange things about writing for multiple venues is trying to maintain distinct voices. Compared to Minnpost or streets.mn, this blogspot is meant to be a more poetic, personal, and snarkastic approach to thinking about sidewalks and cities. It's also meant to be a place that offers a more positive purchase about why urban life can be so rewarding. I'm hopeful I can keep that part of my life (and my voice) alive through the blog.

http://tcsidewalks.blogspot.com/2014/09/september-postcard-post.html
[Spare a copper for an old sailor?]
Finally, I took a few months "off" this year to finish my dissertation. (Please note: Even when "off"," I must keep Reading the Highland Villager.)

As the draft is pretty much complete, I'm hopeful that I can get back to focusing my writing efforts on a long list of things I've been wanting to do, including the crafting of a number of TC Sidewalks "field guides" that collect the information from various tours over the years (dive bars, bowling alleys, chinese restaurants, coney dog joints, etc.), a renewal of the Sidewalk of the Week feature (my favorite) and other various psychogeographic endeavors.

Please consider making a donation and purchasing a postcard if you appreciate this blogsite. Any donation of $5 or more receives an artisanal sidewalk postcard complete with site-specific koan delivered to your door. All proceeds go directly into the cat füd fund, and DJUNA BARNES (the cat) always seems to enjoy food.

And thank you so much for reading this nonsense! Here's to a lifetime of pedestrian driftlessness.

[Djuna helping with teh blogging.]

No comments: