2017-10-11

12th Bloggaversary Post!

Happy blog-aversary to this very blog! It’s been a dozen actual calendar years since I’ve been writing on here and putting up musings. It’s a bit numbing after so long, but still seems important to me somehow.

I’m working on a few larger projects these days, both of which should wrap up in a month or so. I’d intended to put the blog on the back burner, but there are so many issues that keep popping up.

For example, think about the relentless “bikes vs. cars” battle that continues to rage and fester, the intersection of generational shifts with big demographic changes around race and inequality, the “frog in a pot of water” issue that is our lack of affordable housing and super-tight rental market, the regional politics of transit, or a dozen other things. They are all thorny but important issues. I’m hoping to do some writing / thinking about all these topics here and elsewhere, so stay tuned.

If you’d like to support my work on the blog, please consider becoming a Patreon member. It’s a big help to me emotionally and financially, and I really do appreciate it. There are even a few perks.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3530308
[Click it to go to the Patreon page.]

You can also simply throw a few dollars into my Paypal account if you have an inkling.


Thanks for reading the blog for so many years!

PS. For fans of rabbit holes enjoy:

11th Bloggaversary Post
10th Bloggaversary Post
9th Bloggaversary Post
8th Bloggaversary Post
7 Year Blogaversary Post
6 Year Blogaversary Post!
5 Year Blog-aversary!

and the original Twin City Sidewalks post, all the way back in 2005: Yet Another Blog

1 comment:

Luke Hanson said...

Bill, I started reading your blogposts on Streets.mn in the past six months, and after spotting your piece about protected bike lanes on 26th and 28th in South Minneapolis I discovered Twin Cities Sidewalks. Thanks for your passionate and intelligent engagement with bike and city planning in MSP, and for helping people like me to learn along the way.

Have you ever published a list a recommended readings? I love reading Streets.mn and your blog, but I have no other education on urbanism, planning, transit, bicycle routes; and relevant history, economics, and politics. What books or other sources should I read to build my base of knowledge on these topics? Theoretical and practical would both be great. Thanks!