2019-05-23

City Council Update: Dai Thao Calls for Busuri to Step Down

In my post earlier this week about Interim Saint Paul City Council Member Kassim Busuri, I stated that Ward 1 Council Member Dai Thao had not castigated his colleague. This was the best information available at the time, based on the May 16th article in the Pioneer Press, which had said that CM Thao was "unavailable for comment."

I have since learned from Council Member Thao's office that he is calling for Busuri to step down.

Here is his statement:
I’m disheartened by Mr. Bussuri’s decision to not step down from this appointed seat. My vote to appoint him was based on his promise to not run. He needs to step down if he’s not suspending his campaign.
I have updated my earlier post to reflect this fact.

Finally, Interim CM Busuri was symbolically sanctioned this week when his name was removed from some committees.

No comments: