2017-05-05

Catch Me in a New Documentary on TPT this Weekend!

[The I-94 bridge over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.]
If you're watching TV Sunday night, tune in to Twin Cities Public Television and watch Part II of the Rethinking I-94 documentary. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently I'm in there. I did a sit-down interview with the crew, and participatd in a televised focus group.

Yikes! It's really a challenge to "re-think" something as taken-for-granted and heavily used as an intra-city interstate. I did my best to share a critical on this piece of collective infrastructure and I'm not sure how it will look.

Here's the plug:
This Sunday night, May 7, TPT (Twin Cities PBS) will premiere Part Two of our two-part documentary about Interstate 94. The half-hour program will begin at 7 p.m. and air on TPT MN.

Part Two of the documentary, entitled Interstate 94: Today and Tomorrow, focuses on the here and now as it relates to I-94 through the Twin Cities, as well as our continuing work to engage with communities along the interstate in an effort to develop a comprehensive, community-based vision for the corridor. If you are unable to watch this Sunday night, the program will air at the times listed below and will be available on our Rethinking I-94 project website starting next week.  This website is located at the following address:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/I-94minneapolis-stpaul/

Upcoming air dates on TPT
•             Sunday, May 14 at 1 a.m. TPT MN
•             Sunday, May 14 at 7 a.m. TPT MN
•             Sunday, May 14 at 1 p.m. TPT MN
•             Sunday, May 28 at 12 p.m. TPT LIFE

If you have not seen Part One of the documentary, or would like to see it again prior watching Part Two, you can do so by visiting the Rethinking I-94 project website noted above and scrolling to the bottom of the page. Part One of the documentary, entitled Interstate 94: A History and Its Impact, focused on the construction of I-94 in the middle of the 20th Century and the affect it had on the communities it bisected.


It'll be online also. Part I is here.

No comments: