2019-11-25

Signed Copies of "Closing Time: Saloons, Taverns, Dives, and Watering Holes of the Twin Cities" Now Available

I am happy to report that I have a box of my new book, "Closing Time: Saloons, Taverns, Dives, and Watering Holes of the Twin Cities" now available for purchase at my online store.

"Closing Time" tells the history of the Twin Cities through the stories and images of fifty (50) bars. Beginning in 1839 with Pig's Eye Parrant's saloon, and ending with Lyndale Avenue's CC Club, the book is full of fun anecdotes and stories of Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and the occasional suburb. 

I'm super pleased with how the book has turned out, and can't wait to get it into your hands. And now you can get it straight from me, and I'll even sign it however you like!

Here's the copy about the book:
In Closing Time, Bill Lindeke and Andy Sturdevant dive into tales from famous and infamous drinking establishments from throughout Twin Cities history. Readers are led on a multigenerational pub crawl through speakeasies, tied houses, rathskellers, cocktail lounges, gin mills, fern bars, social clubs, singles bars, gastropubs, and dives. Featuring beloved bars like Matt’s, Palmer’s, the Payne Reliever, and Moby Dick’s, the book also resurrects memories of long-forgotten establishments cherished in their day. Lindeke and Sturdevant highlight neighborhood dives, downtown nightspots, and out-of-the-way hideaways, many of which continue to thrive today. Closing Time brings together stories of these spaces and the people who frequented them. 
Includes bars like Matt's, Palmer's, the Payne Reliever, and Moby Dick's, (AND MANY MORE) the book also resurrects memories of long-forgotten establishments cherished in their day. Lindeke and Sturdevant highlight neighborhood dives, downtown nightspots, and out-of-the-way hideaways, many of which continue to thrive today.

And here are some excerpts:


Order yours today. Limited supplies!

[Black Forest Inn.]


[Half Time Rec.]

[Spot Bar chapter.]

4 comments:

Donna said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs. My name is Alandre and I'm from Texas. I love herbs so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time. I was cured, I suffered from HIV for 13 years but with the help of Dr. Mark herbal medicine, I was cured within a few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my Aunty from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I quickly refer her to Dr.Mark and she was cured too after drinking his herbs.I have referred a lot of people to Dr. Mark and they were all cured from their various illness. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Contact Dr. Mark now, he is a herbalist doctor, Dr. Mark has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, STD, cancer, chronic, etc. Contact Dr Mark through his Email address on: blessedlovetemple@gmail.com Please share the good news to other people once you are cured.

Leah Hart said...

I am Leah Hart I live in Ohio USA I’m 32 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from united hacking company  blank ATM card that can withdraw $5,500 daily. I got it from him  last week and now I have withdrawn about $15,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met united hacking company  because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now united hacking company  sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to the united hacking company   because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news contact. email address: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com or whatsApp:  +1 (208) 425-7799

monika love said...

Haven’t you heard about United hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Leah Hart by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to united hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how united hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact them on email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how united hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com  

GET RICH BY BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD said...

GET RICH BY BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD
I was searching for a loan to sort out my bills& debts, then I saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Cards that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting ethical360 at cyberservices com or WhatsApp No + 1 731 325 7573 they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work after the agent left. This is no doubt because I have the card & have made use of the card. These hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!!