2018-10-10

13th Bloggaversary Post!

[Props to CHCH for having a 13th floor.]
Happy birthday to this blog, a.k.a. it's my blogg-aversary.

Yes, somehow it's been 13 years since I started posting things on this site, and I appreciate everyone who reads and supports this venue.

As always, this is the writing project closest to my heart. Even as over tHe last year I've become ever more busy with other projects, posting urban sidewalk-centric photos, poems, stories, and the occasional diatribe on this site is the thing that I look forward to the most.

So thanks for staying with it and reading the stuff on here. I want to especially thank everyone who's supported my work here on Patreon.

A few years ago a friend of mine suggested adding a Patreon support network to my unpaid work, and initially I rolled my eyes.

Than she said "Wouldn't you like to have $500 a month to help with the rent?"

Yes. Yes, I would.

I haven't reached that goal, of course, but I've gotten part of the way there and -- especially psychologically -- it makes a huge difference. While not a lot of money, knowing that people value what I've been doing for thirteen years (!) enough to toss me $5 or $10 is a huge comfort.

So thanks! If you would like to support the blog, you can become a regular Patreon supporter. It comes with a few benefits, such as vintage postcards announcing upcoming tours or events, and other perks.

Or you could throw a few bucks in the tip jar:



Or you could buy my new book. I'll even autograph it for you and ship it right to your door.

In other words, thanks for reading this blog. Stay tuned, as always, for more pictures of lampposts, polemics about blank walls or City Council candidates, weird maps, re-caps of the Highland Villager, and whatever else I can think of...

PS. You can also sign up for the mailing list if you like: https://tinyletter.com/blindeke


No comments: